Constantly simply simply take this medication just as described in this leaflet or as the pharmacist, physician or any other medical practioner has said.
- Keep this leaflet. You may want to see clearly once again.
- Pose a question to your pharmacist if you want more information or advice.
- In the event that you have any unwanted effects, speak to your pharmacist, medical practitioner, or other medical practioner. This can include any side that is possible maybe perhaps maybe not placed in this leaflet. See part 4.
What exactly is in this leaflet:
1. Exactly exactly exactly What ellaOne is and exactly exactly exactly what it really is useful for
EllaOne is a crisis contraceptive
EllaOne is a contraceptive meant to avoid maternity after unsafe sex or should your contraceptive method has failed. As an example:
- In the event that you had intercourse without security;
- If your or your partner’s condom tore, came or slipped down, or you forgot to utilize one;
- In the event that you would not simply simply take your contraceptive pill as suggested.
The tablet should be taken by you at the earliest opportunity after intercourse, and within at the most 5 days (120 hours). This is simply because the semen can survive as much as 5 times within your body after sex.
This medication works for just about any girl of childbearing age, including adolescents.
You’ll just take the tablet whenever you want into the menstrual period.
EllaOne can not work if you’re currently expecting
If the menstrual duration is late, there is certainly a possibility that you could be expecting. As soon as your period is belated or when you’ve got signs and symptoms of maternity (hefty breasts, early early morning vomiting) you ought to consult a health care provider or other doctor before you take the tablet. From becoming pregnant if you have unprotected sex after taking the tablet, it will not stop you. Non-safe sex at any right time through your period can result in maternity.
EllaOne is certainly not to be utilized for regular contraception
If you don’t have regular way of contraception, confer with your medical practitioner or medical practioner to select one that’s ideal for you.
How works that are ellaOne
EllaOne offers the substance acetate that is ulipristal functions by changing the experience regarding the normal hormones progesterone that is needed for ovulation to happen. This medicine works by postponing ovulation as a result. Crisis contraception is certainly not effective in almost every situation. Of 100 ladies who just simply take this medication more or less 2 can be expecting.
This medication is just a contraceptive utilized to stop a maternity from beginning. If you’re currently expecting, you won’t interrupt a current pregnancy.
Crisis contraception does not drive back intimately sent infections
Just condoms can sexually protect you from sent infections. This medication will perhaps not protect you against HIV disease or just about any disageases which can be intimately transmittede.g. Chlamydia, genital herpes, vaginal warts, gonorrhoea, hepatitis B and syphilis). Ask a medical practioner for advice if you’re concerned about this.
There was more info about contraception during the final end of the leaflet. <